1/2”-2” PN10 White PVC Female Coupling BS4346
The PVC plumbing fittings for water supply BS 4346 is economical and practical. It can regulate water speed, also can adjust the direction of your PVC piping.
1) Material: PVC
3) Standard: BS4346
4) Joint End: Thread
5) Technics: Injection
6) Working Temperature: -15ºC~65ºC
# Light weight, easy to load and unload
# Small resistance to fluidity
# Good electrical insulation
# Water quality unaffected
# Simple installation
Other Hot Salve Products
Meet us in Exhibition
FAQ: (Frequently Asked Questions)
1. What is your MOQ?
Our MOQ is usually 5 CTNS.
2. What is your delievery time?
Our delievery is about 25-30days.
3. What is your payment terms?
We accept T/T, 100% L/C, or West Union and so on.
4. Could you provide free samples?
Usually, we offer free samples, customers bear freight cost.
5. Why choose us?
Firstly, comparing with many factories, our prices are more competitive.
Secondly, We 100% test working pressure for ALL our products.
Finally, After- Services will be highly satisfied. Any problems and feedbacks will be responded efficiently.
SWD PLASTIC (Salvador Industrial Co., Ltd) is a leading and professional manufacturer and exporter for UPVC, CPVC, PPH, PVDF pipes, valves and fittings in China. We stick to the principle of ” Quality First, Service First, Continuous Improvement and Innovation to Meet the Customers”, and the quality management objective of ” Zero Defect, Zero Complaints”.
SWD Products are widely used in Agricultural Irrigation, Wastewater Treatment, Aquaculture, Pharmaceutical Industry, Electroplating, Papermaking Industry…
Most of our products confirm to ANSI, DIN, BS, JIS & TIS standard and have been already sold to United States, Canada, Mexico, Chile, Colombia, Peru, Russia, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Iran, Iraq, Thailand, Philippines, Indonesia, Malaysia etc. With very good reputation!
Can flexible couplings be used in food processing and pharmaceutical industries?
Yes, flexible couplings can be used in both the food processing and pharmaceutical industries under certain conditions. These industries have stringent requirements for equipment used in their processes, including hygienic design, cleanliness, and resistance to contamination. Here’s how flexible couplings can be used in these industries:
- Hygienic Design: In food processing and pharmaceutical applications, flexible couplings with hygienic designs are essential to prevent the accumulation of food particles, dust, or other contaminants. Stainless steel or FDA-approved materials are commonly used to ensure compliance with hygiene standards and ease of cleaning.
- Cleanability: The equipment used in food processing and pharmaceutical industries must be easily cleanable to maintain product purity. Flexible couplings with smooth surfaces and no crevices or pockets that can trap particles are preferred.
- Chemical Resistance: Some food processing and pharmaceutical applications involve the use of cleaning agents or chemicals. Flexible couplings must be resistant to these chemicals to prevent degradation and ensure long-term reliability.
- Corrosion Resistance: In food processing and pharmaceutical environments, equipment is often exposed to washdowns and sanitizing solutions. Flexible couplings made of corrosion-resistant materials can withstand these conditions and maintain their performance over time.
- Compliance with Standards: The food processing and pharmaceutical industries are subject to strict regulations and standards. Flexible couplings used in these industries should comply with relevant industry standards, such as FDA, EHEDG, or NSF standards.
- Non-Toxic Materials: Flexible couplings used in direct contact with food or pharmaceutical products must be made of non-toxic materials that will not contaminate the process.
- Resistant to Temperature Extremes: Some food and pharmaceutical processes involve extreme temperatures. Flexible couplings must be capable of withstanding high and low temperatures without compromising their integrity.
When selecting flexible couplings for food processing and pharmaceutical applications, it is essential to work closely with manufacturers and suppliers who understand the industry’s unique requirements. Customized solutions may be necessary to ensure that the couplings meet the specific needs of the application and comply with industry standards.
Summary: Flexible couplings can be used in food processing and pharmaceutical industries when they meet the necessary hygiene, cleanability, chemical resistance, corrosion resistance, compliance with standards, and temperature resistance requirements. Proper selection and application of flexible couplings can contribute to the efficiency and reliability of equipment in these critical industries.
How does a flexible coupling handle torsional vibrations in rotating machinery?
A flexible coupling is designed to handle torsional vibrations in rotating machinery by providing a degree of flexibility and damping. Torsional vibrations are oscillations that occur in the drivetrain due to torque variations, sudden load changes, or other transient events. These vibrations can lead to resonance, excessive stress, and premature failure of components.
Flexible couplings mitigate torsional vibrations through the following mechanisms:
- Torsional Compliance: Flexible couplings have an element, such as an elastomeric insert, that can deform or twist to absorb torsional shocks. When the drivetrain experiences torsional vibrations, the flexible element flexes, effectively isolating and dampening the vibrations before they propagate further.
- Damping: Many flexible couplings have inherent damping properties, especially those with elastomeric components. Damping dissipates the energy of the torsional vibrations, reducing their amplitude and preventing resonance from occurring.
- Tuned Design: Some flexible couplings are specifically designed with specific torsional characteristics to match the drivetrain’s requirements. By tuning the coupling’s stiffness and damping properties, engineers can ensure optimal torsional vibration control.
- Torsional Stiffness: While flexible couplings provide flexibility to absorb vibrations, they also offer a degree of torsional stiffness to maintain the torque transmission efficiency between the shafts.
It is important to select the appropriate flexible coupling based on the specific torsional characteristics and requirements of the rotating machinery. Different applications may demand different types of couplings with varying levels of flexibility and damping. High-performance flexible couplings can effectively minimize torsional vibrations, protecting the drivetrain and connected equipment from excessive stress and potential damage.
Additionally, proper alignment of the flexible coupling during installation is crucial to ensure its optimal performance in mitigating torsional vibrations. Misalignment can introduce additional stresses and exacerbate torsional issues in the system. Regular inspection and maintenance of the flexible coupling will help identify any signs of wear or damage that may affect its ability to handle torsional vibrations effectively.
What are the differences between elastomeric and metallic flexible coupling designs?
Elastomeric and metallic flexible couplings are two distinct designs used to transmit torque and accommodate misalignment in mechanical systems. Each type offers unique characteristics and advantages, making them suitable for different applications.
Elastomeric Flexible Couplings:
Elastomeric flexible couplings, also known as flexible or jaw couplings, employ an elastomeric material (rubber or similar) as the flexible element. The elastomer is typically molded between two hubs, and it acts as the connector between the driving and driven shafts. The key differences and characteristics of elastomeric couplings include:
- Misalignment Compensation: Elastomeric couplings are designed to handle moderate levels of angular, parallel, and axial misalignment. The elastomeric material flexes to accommodate the misalignment while transmitting torque between the shafts.
- Vibration Damping: The elastomeric material in these couplings offers excellent vibration dampening properties, reducing the transmission of vibrations from one shaft to another. This feature helps protect connected equipment from excessive vibrations and enhances system reliability.
- Shock Load Absorption: Elastomeric couplings can absorb and dampen shock loads, protecting the system from sudden impacts or overloads.
- Cost-Effective: Elastomeric couplings are generally more cost-effective compared to metallic couplings, making them a popular choice for various industrial applications.
- Simple Design and Installation: Elastomeric couplings often have a straightforward design, allowing for easy installation and maintenance.
- Lower Torque Capacity: These couplings have a lower torque capacity compared to metallic couplings, making them suitable for applications with moderate torque requirements.
- Common Applications: Elastomeric couplings are commonly used in pumps, compressors, fans, conveyors, and other applications that require moderate torque transmission and misalignment compensation.
Metallic Flexible Couplings:
Metallic flexible couplings use metal components (such as steel, stainless steel, or aluminum) to connect the driving and driven shafts. The metallic designs can vary significantly depending on the type of metallic coupling, but some general characteristics include:
- High Torque Capacity: Metallic couplings have higher torque transmission capabilities compared to elastomeric couplings. They are well-suited for applications requiring high torque handling.
- Misalignment Compensation: Depending on the design, some metallic couplings can accommodate minimal misalignment, but they are generally not as flexible as elastomeric couplings in this regard.
- Stiffer Construction: Metallic couplings are generally stiffer than elastomeric couplings, offering less vibration dampening but higher torsional stiffness.
- Compact Design: Metallic couplings can have a more compact design, making them suitable for applications with limited space.
- Higher Precision: Metallic couplings often offer higher precision and concentricity, resulting in better shaft alignment.
- Higher Cost: Metallic couplings are typically more expensive than elastomeric couplings due to their construction and higher torque capacity.
- Common Applications: Metallic couplings are commonly used in high-speed machinery, precision equipment, robotics, and applications with high torque requirements.
In summary, the main differences between elastomeric and metallic flexible coupling designs lie in their flexibility, torque capacity, vibration dampening, cost, and applications. Elastomeric couplings are suitable for applications with moderate torque, misalignment compensation, and vibration dampening requirements. On the other hand, metallic couplings are chosen for applications with higher torque and precision requirements, where flexibility and vibration dampening are less critical.
editor by CX 2023-09-04